Because I can't garden with 4 feet of snow outside, and since the Haliburton County Farmers' Market will start later this spring, (where Wall Flower Studio has a booth!), it's the perfect time to prepare for and create all the products I'll be offering!
Along with making seed balls and packaging many varieties of my organic & non gmo seeds, I'm once again happily creating my own line of natural products for bath & body. Thought I'd share the latest photos of lip balm, garden salve and bath bomb fizzies, along with a recipe, (below) showing how you can make your own, too! Bath bomb fizzies are fun to create, great to share, and even better to enjoy in the bath! There's nothing like knowing what ingredients are in the products we use, and that they are safe for our skin, which is my reason for making these in the first place!
|Chamomile & Honey + Apple & Mint Lip balms along with Lavender, Honey & Calendula Gardener's Salve.|
|Preserved, deydrated orange, lemon and lime slices for simmering potpourri|
|Citrus Bath Bomb Fizzies|
|Lemon Ginger Bath Bomb Fizzies|
- 1 cup citric acid*
- 1 cup baking soda
- ½ cup cornstarch
- ½ cup of Epsom salt
- ½ cup oil (olive oil or grapeseed oil works well for me)
- 10 drops of your favorite essential oil(s)
- mold - (I use one half of a plastic egg!)
* Citric acid can be ordered via: Mountain Rose Herbs - or, visit your local health food store.
- Mix all the ingredients together, but add the baking soda last so it doesn't foam all over the place!
- I mix it with my hands to make sure the consistency is correct. It should clump together. without falling apart. If it's too moist simply add some more Epsom salt.
- Press a handful into the mold, pop out and place on a cookie sheets or tray.
- Let dry for 24 hours.
- Package and give some to friends! They also look great stored in an apothecary jar.
- Keep a few for yourself and enjoy!
Spring is just around the corner... We'll all be able to play in the garden very soon! In the meantime, play in the bath! ; )
Thanks for visiting!