Thursday, 24 June 2010

Creatures Around the Garden : )



Was fortunate enough to capture (via the camera), a couple creatures in and around my garden today. I've never seen a Toad like this before and he/she was quite happy to pose for my pictures! If anyone knows what type of toad it is, I'd love to know!
---------------------------------
A dragonfly landed right on his back, but I moved & unfortunately, scared it away before I could click a pic with my antiquated camera. Was very cute to see!
The Butterfly was just delightful. It also seemed happy to pose for a photo op as well!
----------------------------
Ah, I love summer!
----------------------
***An update to this post:
The Crafty Gardener , who has a wonderful blog and is also here in Ontario, was kind enough to let me know that it's a Tree Frog.
Thanks, Linda! : )

4 comments:

Crafty Gardener said...

It looks like it might be a tree frog. We had one a couple of years ago and I got a few photos of it, have a look here

KarenSloan-WallFlowerStudio said...

Thanks Crafty Gardener! That's it for sure!
And this explains to me also why the little fellow was up so high on our balcony, but right beside the Birch tree, too!
I was afraid to touch him in case he jumped from my hands and fell down to the driveway. He was gone this morning.
Great post and photos at your blog, btw!

Annelie said...

Great pictures. I love the toad, thought it was a rock at first glimpse.
I know what you are saying about capturing wildlife on pictures. It's not easy.
My neighbors probably think I'm nuts the way I sometimes hop, crawl and run around my garden to capture a butterfly or some other insect or animal.

KarenSloan-WallFlowerStudio said...

Oh, Annelie, thank you! I can totally relate to what you wrote! We're just big kids at heart, us gardeners!
Let the neighbors think what they will, lol.
Have fun! : )