Thursday, 22 July 2010

Friday's Flower Portrait - Double Daylily


I've waited all year to see this garden gem! It's so luscious looking that I almost want to eat it!
----------------
Seem to recall this particular Daylily being named "Kwanzo", but feel free to correct me if that's wrong.
Each day I look forward to a new one opening up and wishing they lasted longer.
Thinking that any hemerocallis fan would also like this variety in their garden as much as I do!
------
Thanks for visiting : )
.

5 comments:

Rebecca @ In The Garden said...

Wow, that's amazing! I've never seen anything like it! :)

Crafty Gardener said...

Now there is a bloom you wish would last a long time, thank goodness for digital cameras.

Wall Flower Studio said...

~ Thanks Rebecca! I seem to recall purchasing this a few years ago at the Toronto Botanical Garden plant sale. So glad I did!
~ Crafty Gardener, you're so right! What would we do without our cameras?! And, yes, I wish the flower would last longer, too!

Have a great weekend, ladies and thanks for dropping by : )

Rebecca @ In The Garden said...

Interesting coincidence!! I just read about this lily in another blog, although it sounds rather invasive (but of course, plants behave differently in different zones). Thought you might be interested...http://yardisgreen.blogspot.com/2010/07/im-sorry-but-out-they-went.html

Wall Flower Studio said...

I suppose hemerocallis could be considered invasive, given the right conditions, but I've never really thought about them that way, perhaps because I like them so much!
But then, that's the great thing about garden bloggers; we all have our own diverse point of view.
Where one gardener might allow a certain specimen to run rampant through their garden, another might be cursing it and ripping it out!