Saturday, 24 July 2010

Lovely and Useful Lavender

Hand made lavender dryer sachet in a pile of my organically grown dried lavender.
Lightly scenting clothes, towels and sheets without any chemicals!


Ah, Lavender. Is there anything that can delight the senses as much as this plant does?
I can fully understand why it's been cultivated and used by humans for thousands of years.
---------------------------
Still, to this day, even in our modern world, where man made artificial scents are sold practically everywhere and are in practically every household product, this superb specimen still reigns supreme.
----------------
Personally, and this is purely my opinion, I don't purchase anything like "Febreze" or "Airwick" as I don't think they can compare to the natural scent of Lavender.
These products are not likely good for our health, and it seems that they are just another product that the chemical company's sell, trying to make a buck by making us sick by breathing in unnatural products that we don't really need.
And really, they want to sell these items REALLY badly, since I don't think a day goes by that I'm not subjected to a commercial of some kind of product with Febreze in it.
--------------------
Just picture in your mind all the advertising people on Madison Avenue, thinking up ways to enlighten us common folk to the fact that we need to spray artificial scents in our homes, and, how it's seemingly going to make our life better, what a joke!!


The mute button on the remote is worth it's weight in gold, that's for sure!
That's my rant for the day! ; )
-------------------------
So, a few sachets of lavender will last up to 5 years until having to be replaced.

I throw a muslin bag filled with lavender in my dryer , (like the one you see above), and I also keep one under my pillow (as the scent has been proven to relax people and promote better sleep), and of course, I keep them in other places throughout the house, too.
Works like a charm...
------------------
Happy Gardening!
.

4 comments:

Crafty Gardener said...

Nothing is better than the fresh scent of lavender. I don't use those commerical products either, you are just covering up one smell with another one. There is nothing like a bit of fresh air in the house to freshen everything up.

Wall Flower Studio said...

Thanks Crafty Gardener!
Admittedly, I do go on about these things, but so glad you feel the same way. Thanks for summing it up so nicely! : )

The Mindful Merchant said...

Ooh, those are great ideas - love it! We have thriving lavender plant in the garden. I will use it in my dryer...never thought of that. Thanks.

Wall Flower Studio said...

Wonderful, Laura! Glad to share and happy you like the idea!
They can also be used in the bath, then thrown in the dryer afterwards!
Just a note, they can be used wet and in the bath about a half dozen times, or if just used in the dryer about 2 dozen times. Better than a bounce sheet ; )
Have fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...