Thursday, 3 February 2011

A Closer Look at Seeds @ Wall Flower Studio

Gaillardia aristata "Goblin" Seeds
.
Dragon Tongue Bush Beans
.
Red Seeded Citron Melon seeds
.
Borage Seeds
.
Arikara Sunflower Seeds
.
Beet Seeds
.
Sharing a selection of heirloom seeds that I was packaging up today.
.
All the different shapes, sizes and colours.
I just can't help but think how beautiful seeds are.
.
Especially if they haven't been tampered with.
.
All of these seeds are available
Heirloom & Natives seeds.
All open-pollinated and organically grown.
.
Thanks for visiting!
.

4 comments:

flgardening said...

Beautiful photos!!!

Susan in the Pink Hat said...

Those beet "seeds" are really pods that contain four or five seeds. I just learned this myself.

Wall Flower Studio said...

Thanks Bee!
I really appreciate that.
Playing with my new camera. : )

Wall Flower Studio said...

Hi Susan,
Thanks very much for sharing that. They do look like little gift boxes!
I've also heard people refer to beet "seeds" as fruit.
Just a note, the best beet crops I've had have been when they've been soaked overnight before sowing.
Thanks for dropping by. : )