Thursday, 3 March 2011

Herb Seedlings - A growing concern!

Large Leafed Italian Basil seedlings
.

Dill "Bouquet" seedlings (front)
.
Banana Legs - Tomato seedling in front.
I can't wait to harvest these ones especially!
Hoping they taste as good as I'm told they do, and that they look as unusal as their name suggests!
So far, it's kind of hard to tell! ; )
.
I'll be planting them all in my raised beds, just as soon as I can, which means waiting for about 4 feet of snow to melt, and the soil to warm up.
.
Thinking I've got a bit of a wait ahead of me.
.
Every year I plant my tomatoes and basil plants near the borage.
I was told a few years ago that in doing so, it will keep the hornworm at bay.
So far, so good!
.
Thanks for visiting & Happy Gardening!
.

2 comments:

Dirt Gently said...

I love seedling pictures! Are those coir pots? I'm considering trying them. What do you think of them?

Wall Flower Studio said...

Me too, Dirt Gently, thank you!
These are just plain old coco fibre pots. I picked them up at the hardware store last year.
I am looking forward to trying Cow Pots, tho'.
Have heard they're quite good.
Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...