Sunday, 6 March 2011

Red Lion Amaryllis - Just about to roar!


Don't you just love it when a plant is just about ready to bloom?!
This one's teetering on the precipice!
.
A Red Lion Amaryllis variety. The second year in a row it's been kind enough to send out a flower stalk for my enjoyment!'
A good thing, too. We had 6 inches of snow fall overnight here.
The budding flower keeps my hopes alive for Spring's immanent arrival!
.
The flower, so far, looks a little washed, but the actual colour it will become when fully opened is a beautiful, deep velvety red colour.
.
Happy Gardening!
.

2 comments:

Cathy Webster (Olliffe) said...

Gorgeous! Btw, love your paint colours on the wall behind.

Wall Flower Studio said...

Thanks Cathy! Can't wait for it to bloom.

That colour is "Banana Whip". I just loved the name.
But seriously, winters can drag on so long, as you know, that I needed some colour in my kitchen.
That's where I spend most of my time! (Not cooking tho', but on the computer ; )