Thursday, 21 April 2011

Black Bears Visit My Yard - 3 Adorable Cubs!



Mama Bear with three adorable cubs. I was so excited to see them!



Checking out our firepit!


Mama keeping watch.

.....................................

I took these photos from my kitchen window. Just happened to be looking out while making lunch and there they were.

Needless to say, my poached eggs boiled over because I totally forgot about them when I saw three cubs. A small price to pay for sure.

The cubs are no bigger than my cat. So cute!

Mama Bear was so gentle with them. A real tribute to Motherhood, that's for sure.

There's some human moms I know that could learn from this bear! ; )

.

Gotta love country living! Seeing the bears is a real gift.

Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

Bernie said...

What an absolute pleasure to be able to see these magnificent creatures up close and personal ... well at least as close as you would want to be.

Do they do any damage while out foraging for food? I hope you keep that kitchen door of yours closed!

Frank Patterson said...

I would have let my eggs boil over too if I saw them out my window! I am always hoping to see wildlife on my property...my small dogs probably don't want to see any bears though! My wife set up a trail camera in our woods this winter and so far she's gotten pictures and videos of: 3 wolves together, lots of deer, a fox and a turkey. It's so interesting to see what's out there. She's hoping to see bear pics this spring and summer. I just started a blog on my company website, you have given me a great idea and I think I will post some of her trail camera photos on my blog too. If you don't mind me copying your great idea! Thanks for sharing your bear photos!

Wall Flower Studio said...

Bernie, thanks! It's a wonderful experience. I just love the bears! And I cannot begin to tell you just how cute those cubs were. Oh my gosh! I'm still over the moon about it. I should really get a life!
But seriously, I can't put out bird seed because the bears will come for that. We've witnessed our neighbor's feeders get smashed to bits, lol. Also, no garbage or recycling outside from now 'til December. They'll rumage through that too. And, cottagers, on the lake near us, had their garage broken into, as they went home and forgot to take it to the dump. People a few doors down had their car window smashed because of a chocolate bar. : ) I can't help but chuckle over that.
Otherwise, when people are smart, the bears just pass through without any events like that happening. : )

Hi Frank! Thanks very much for visiting!
Amazing idea, that camera. That's something I never considered before!
And, I've only ever seen a wolf here once, but we do hear them howling off in the distance often. Lucky you to have caught them on camera.
And please, feel free to post! I'm happy you enjoyed my photos, and if they inspired you at all, then that's a bonus!
Send me a link and I'll add it to my list here. All the best, and have fun! : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...