Sunday, 8 May 2011

Mother's Day Wishes - From Wall Flower Studio

Sweet William and Carnations were my Mom's favorite flowers. She liked what we might call the old fashioned flowers. Daisies were another of her favourites, too!


She passed away seven years ago. Hard to believe it's been that long since I've heard the sound of her voice. I still miss her as much today as I did the day we lost her. She was the mortar between the bricks, as it were.


The night she passed away was the only time I saw a Luna Moth. It was outside on the hospital wall, sitting in the light of the lamp. I've yet to see one since, and have since read, (if you'll humour me with this), that when you see a Luna Moth, it's supposed to mean that a soul is being taken to another place or dimension. Whatever you want to call that dimension makes no difference to me.


So, whenever I see a butterfly or a moth, and especially when I see the Sweet William blooming, with a butterfly on it, I think of my Mom.

Hoping everyone out there is honouring and spoiling their's today. Our Moms deserve it!

Happy Mother's Day!

...................

2 comments:

Donna said...

What a beautiful way to remember your mom...a luna moth and sweet william...lovely!!

Wall Flower Studio said...

Donna, thank you. I really appreciate that.
I get a little sentimental this time of year.. My Mom would have a good chuckle over that! ; )
Enjoy your week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...