Friday, 27 May 2011

Plant Tags for seedlings - When you're in a pinch : )

As I started potting up some seeds tonight, I realized I didn't have anything to tag them with. I'm starting some Teddy Bear Sunflowers, Genovese Basil, Cilantro, and a few other herbs, which I'd like to sell at the farmers market eventually, so I looked high and low for my popsicle sticks but couldn't find them anywhere.

What I did find were some clothes pins. I'm not using them right now, since presently, it's bloody awful weather to hang clothes out on the line, so I improvised and used them as labels instead!

Many people have likely already came up with this idea, but if not, and you're in a pinch, pardon the pun, they work just great! I've read that many people use old window blinds, which are cut up and used as labels, too. That's another good idea which I saw on Twitter during #gardenchat.

Have a good weekend, and Happy Gardening!

2 comments:

Crafty Gardener said...

Great idea. I sure wish the sun would come out in my part of Ontario.

Wall Flower Studio said...

Thanks, Linda!
And, I sure hear you. Thinking the sun has forgotten where Ontario is altogether.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...