Wednesday, 18 May 2011

Spring Flowers - Blooming Now - In the Rain

Tiny White Violets - That's an oxymoron, isn't it?!
Daffodils are still blooming because it's been cool.


The Alpine Clematis is just beginning to bloom. My favourite!

Planted some more Genovese Basil. You can never have enough Basil in the kitchen!


Forget-Me-Nots. Another personal favourite. I let them grow wherever they choose!


Lots of wee purple violets in the lawn. I let them grow everywhere, too. So dainty!

**************

Well, this is just a pictoral post. I've been busy getting ready for 2 different Farmers Markets in our area. Snapped these pictures today in the rain. Did it as quickly as possible since the blackflies are out in full force. Even my cats didn't want to go outside!

Have a good day! Thanks for stopping by : )


4 comments:

The Sage Butterfly said...

Beautiful! Your flowers look so healthy and so pretty. I, too, feel one can never have enough basil. I have so much in the garden and use it in cooking and to make pesto.

Donna said...

lovely pictures in the rain...I too have daffs still blooming because it has been so cool

Shyrlene said...

Isn't it encouraging to know even in cold rain, plants will flourish - sometimes just a bit slower than a warm spring. The violets are so sweet! :)

Wall Flower Studio said...

Sage Butterfly, thank you! And, you're so right about the basil! It does makes the best pesto. Yum! You've got me thinking about some Italian cooking for dinner tomorrow night. : )

Donna, thank you! I was lucky enough to have a bit of a break in the rain. It didn't come down hard enough to soak me or the camera, but enough to make the flowers look pretty. A nice long show of daffs for both of us! That's great!

Shyrlene, I couldn't agree more. Thanks! It is encouraging, and all of a sudden, the trees are green, too. They seemed to burst open over night. I love violets too. The flowers on the white ones are no bigger than my fingernail. Just tiny!