Friday, 19 August 2011

Blooming Friday - Wildlife & Pollinators visit the Garden

A lovely little Hummingbird visits the Bee Balm. If you want pollinators in the garden, this plant is one of the best for attracting them!
The Deer was visiting my veggie garden, but thankfully she has not been around for a while. Although I like the deer, I don't like her eating everything I'm trying to grow!
Lots of pretty Tiger Swallowtail butterflies have been visiting, yett still no Monarchs in sight. : (
Pollinators on the Coreopsis. I let them go to seed, and that brings in the Goldfinches!
This butterfly really loved the Sweet William. I had a Hummingbird Moth visit, too, but he was too quick, and a bit camera shy! I've been a little lax with my posts this summer. Working in the garden, and at our local farmers market. Hope everyone has had a great summer! Where has it gone?! Can't believe we're already into the second half of August. Happy Friday!

4 comments:

Cassy said...

Both the hummingbird and the butterfly added beauty to the flowers.
Thanks for sharing those beautiful flowers of yours.

Cassy from Acoustic Guitar Lessons

Connie Lou said...

Love this...look at all of your visitors! We have monarchs right now in Hawaii...

The Sage Butterfly said...

My favorite photo if of the butterfly inside the lily bloom...so cute! I have noticed the hummingbirds congregating around the monarda...they do love it!

water feature said...

Thank you for sharing this post with your readers!! The pictures are outstanding!! Good job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...