Wednesday, 21 September 2011

As Time Goes By... Autumn In the Garden - Where did Summer go??

My booth at the local farmers market. It sure is a great way to meet the locals, and see friends, as well! What a busy summer it's been. And all of a sudden, it's Autumn in the Haliburton Highlands. How'd that happen??!
Changing leaves. The Maple trees are stunning right now. Just on the verge of exploding with colour!
Well, it's been a while since I've been on here. I've missed all of my gardening friends and fellow bloggers! Hope everyone had a good summer. I honestly don't know where the time has gone!! You know it's Autumn when the Pee Gee Hydrangeas are putting on such a good show. (Above) My hubbie built me a trellis, and let me tell you, a hurricane wouldn't knock it over, he built it so well, altho' I'm not trying to tempt fate with that comment! ; )




Finally got a photo of one of the Hummers that visits every year. I'll be planting more Monarda in my garden. They love it, and so do the bees!


One more item to mention. I'd really like to thank The Sage Butterfly, Connie, Rebecca & Helen at Summerhouse garden for such nice comments on past posts. Again, with the dial-up connection, it's been really difficult replying and even getting on this blog. My thanks to you ladies, and apologies for such a long reply. xx

------------
Happy first day of Autumn, everyone! 'Til next time!

3 comments:

The Wooden Bee said...

Great post Karen! I had noticed you hadn't been online as much lately. All the pictures are gorgeous, I especially like the Pee Gee Hydrangeas! Happy Fall Gardening!

Connie Lou said...

Love your market pop up...isn't that true, farmers markets really are about socializing =). Congratulations on your job, now that is a job I would love to land! Your pictures are beautiful, even though I am in Hawaii, being at the 2000 foot level, I get to experience the changing of the seasons somewhat..right now, real rainy! Hugs to you! Connie

Helen at Summerhouse said...

Summer has flown by here too. And there is still so much to do! Your Hollyhocks are amazing. For some reason we don't have any luck with them. I think you are quite right, it's going to be a real temptation working in a garden centre. As Oscar Wilde said I can resist everything but temptation. And don't worry about not replying, our summer has been a blur too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...