Sunday, 15 April 2012

Blooming Now - Dozens of Daffodils









Well, a little bit of sunshine and milder temps means the Daffs have decided to bloom. I have planted them in the lawn where they can naturalize. Every year each clump seems to have one or two more flowers. I plant a few dozen more each fall, too.

They are such sunny flowers and come in so many lovely shapes and colours.

It's no wonder their botanical name is Narcissus. If I were a flower and I looked like that, I would more than likely want to gaze into my reflection all day, too! ; )

Have a great week!

7 comments:

Donna@Gardens Eye View said...

My daffs are in full swing finally..they are up everywhere..I have them in clumps all over especially in the meadow...yours are bright and lovely!

Aspiring Images By Rachel said...

Our gardenias just bloomed and I couldn't resist taking a picture. Very pretty daffodils!

Cathy Olliffe-Webster said...

So, so pretty. Like planted sunshine!

Bernie H said...

Drooling with Daffodil lust!

Wall Flower Studio said...

Hi Donna,
Thank you!
Isn't it lovely to see the daffs emerge from the ground after a dreary winter? They're almost like little flag poles declaring the arrival of spring!
I bet your meadow is gorgeous, bright and lovely too!
Happy Spring!
K

Jennifer said...

My daffodils are up and blooming as well. Like you, I have several varieties and love the way the mix together.

Wall Flower Studio said...

Ladies, thank you! That's so nice!
Really, who doesn't like daffodils?
Just the deer as far as I can figure! All the more reason to like them. ; )
- Cathy, I love that, 'planted sunshine'. Perfect!
- Rachel, gardenias are gorgeous. I love the scent. Enjoy!
- Jennifer, thank you! So glad to hear you're enjoying some blooms, too!
- Bernie, that's a great tagline!

Happy Spring, everyone (and a happy Autumn to you Bernie!)
K

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...