Monday, 1 October 2012

Bumblebees Slowing Down in the Garden - Autumn is in the Air


It was rather overcast and cool here in the Haliburton Highlands yesterday, (Sunday),
and as I walked through the garden, the first thing I noticed were the many bees sitting idly about on the many flowers that thankfully, are still blooming.
There were a couple of bees flying around; however, most were as you see in the photo,
sitting still on the Gaillardias, reserving their energy.  It was sunny and warmer today, so the pollinators were flying about the garden, back to work and business as usual.
Sounds like a typical start to the week, I'd have to say!

But this is autumn and a change of season is not only on the calendar, it's also in the air.

Soon our pollinator friends will have disappeared from the garden entirely until next year, and as gardeners, I think I can speak for many when I say that most of us are already looking forward to the beginning of the next growing season in spring.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...