Wednesday, 17 October 2012

It's Garlic Planting Season!

Garlic
I'm ready to plant my garlic, and even though it hasn't been placed in the ground yet, I can't wait until next year's harvest!

Last year was the first time I attempted to grow some, and I have to say, I was so pleased with the outcome. To be honest, I thought it would be more complicated, but it was actually a no-brainer. It's just like planting any other bulb in the fall, and then it's just a waiting game. Really, the bulbs do all the work! They just depend on us to give them the conditions with which to grow!

And, not only does planting garlic produce more garlic, but before one gets to harvest the garlic, one gets to harvest those delicious scapes! Cooking with garlic scapes can take the right recipe to a whole new level, especially when they've just been harvested fresh from the garden and used that same night! Perhaps it's also a state of mind.

Seriously, if you can grow tulips, daffodils or hyacinth, you can grow garlic.
Here are a few links to visit for more information about garlic:
~ http://www.haliburtongarlic.ca/
~ http://www.omafra.gov.on.ca/english/crops/facts/09-011w.htm
~ http://www.garlicgrowers.on.ca/

P.S. My Etsy Shop is open again! I have a handful of listings online and will list more as the days go on, so please feel free to stop by Wall Flower Studio to have a look, or just to say hello! : )
Offering organic and natural products, from my garden to yours!

Thanks for visiting, and happy gardening!

No comments: