Sunday, 22 December 2013

Snow, snow and more snow... Winter has staked its claim on Ontario

 I've been feeding the birds. This Blue Jay seems quite content sitting in our birch tree. I like to offer lots of suet and bread crumbs for my feathered friends! I'm very happy to have them visit and hang around this time of year.
The birds don't have much use for the bird bath right now. I don't think they could even find it under all of that snow. 
 Some of my garden friends. I bought that cement pig back in the early '90s. I was working at a mail order garden shop called Cruickshanks, in Toronto at that time, and we had a booth at the Royal Winter Fair. He's graced my garden ever since!
He is usually in the garden among the plants, but he gets to rest on the porch during the winter, along with his friends turtle and gargoyle. ; )
We're currently in the midst of a winter storm and a freezing rain warning, .although it's not really apparent in these photos from the other day. Above is my better half hard at work, cleaning the snow from our deck. He's six feet tall, so you can see just how much snow we have as it's up above his knees! Thank goodness for that snow blower. As green minded as I am, I can't imagine having to shovel all of that snow. We're lucky to have it. 

Thanks for visiting! Keep warm and safe!

5 comments:

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

Lovely to see a Blue Jay enjoying your place. Snow looks pretty but the extreme cold and having to shovel/blow snow doesn't sounds very appealing. It makes our constant summer lawn mowing seem less of a chore (and I'm very thankful the children look after that now anyway).

EG CameraGirl said...

We had mostly freezing rain in East Gwillimbury, slippery but beautiful. Yes, it's definitely winter!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I laughed at the birdbath....Nope I guess they can't use it now! I grew up in Minnesota so I understand snow and more snow!! Have a Merry Christmas!

Carol

HWIT BLOGG said...

So much snow! Wow! Here we are having a green Christmas...
MERRY CHRISTMAS to you!

Warm hug,
Titti

Bettina Bäck said...

I wish I had snow, snow, snow! We're having a green christmas in the middle part of Sweden. :-(
Nice to see snow on your lovely blog though. God Jul as we say in Sweden.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...